Mate Bond (Shifters Unbound, #7) by Jennifer Ashley Review

Mate Bond -  Jennifer Ashley

To cement the leadership of his North Carolina Shiftertown, Bowman O’Donnell agreed to a “mating of convenience.” Two powerful wolf shifters, he and Kenzie keep the pack in order and are adored by all. Bowman would do anything to protect Kenzie, for in each other’s arms they’ve found far more than friendship. But as strong as their attachment is, they still haven’t formed the elusive mate bond—the almost magical joining of true mates.

Now with a monster ravaging the countryside and threatening the Shiftertown community, some in the pack fear that a pair without a true mate bond isn’t strong enough to lead. Bowman and Kenzie will have to rely on their instinctive trust in one another to save their Shifters—and the ensuing battle will either destroy them or give them the chance to seize the love they’ve always craved

Review

This romance is gritty, bittersweet, and lovely in the end. The hero and heroine are both strong and very much themselves. They love and respect each other and are wonderful partners and parents.

The mystery and side characters are engaging. The sexy times are passioniate, a bit feral, and real.

I stopped reading this book on and off and will confess to skipping around a bit because the conflict was too much of an ache times. I read the book out of order-- opening, closing, and middle, and closing again.

This book stays away from a five star read for me because the villian when he is revealed becomes cartoonish, the other mystery person becomces sequel bait and I want to know more know than what I am given here or missed in a previous book and mainly I didn't really buy or understand how the conflict of the lack of mate bond was resolved. I just didn't feel enough time explaining what was the problem (trying not to spoil) and what resolved it was in the there to redeem all the hurt.

None the less, it is a good book and great addition to the series.