Reaver by Larissa Ione Review

Reaver  (Lords of Deliverance #5; Demonica #10) - Larissa Ione

WARRIOR OF HEAVEN

Reaver is an angel with a past, a record, and a less-than-heavenly attitude. Powerful enough to fight alongside the fiercest battle angels-and crazy enough to risk his wings on a one-way mission to hell-he's agreed to go where no angel has ever gone before . . . to steal the most seductive and dangerous prize of Satan himself.

ANGEL OF HELL

Harvester is one of the Fallen, a once-heroic angel who sacrificed her wings to work as an undercover agent in hell. But now her cover has been blown, and she's doomed to an eternity of agonizing torture. Even if Reaver can snatch her away from Satan's lair, even if they can fight their way out of the underworld's darkest depths, there is one thing Harvester can never escape-her newfound thirst for an angel's blood . . .

Review

I did a huge Series Binge Read of Lords of Deliverance while my laptop was in shop. I had a lot of fun. :) I am nutty so I read everything out of order. I don't care about spoilers in fact I like them lol.

The back blurb of this book is a spoiler. Reaver and Harvester together. I love Harverster and actually think Reaver is a huge self rightous jerk.

I give the Romance here 3 stars and the action adventure/series arc a 4 star.

This book blasts off with Reaver's rescure of Harvester from endless torture. It is endless action and great world building.

Reaver and Harvester reconcile even without full access of thier memoires. Reaver's earlier King of the A Holes behaviors are not ever fully explained. He was basically just a selfess, prideful, self righous pig. Okay. Hard to buy why Harvester loved him. His new self is much more loveable so I am able to go along.

I adore Harvester. I always have in every book. I am glad she gets her man and and HEA and everything else she gets. She is a bad ass.

If you are reading the series, you must read this book.

A plea to Ione: Please give Tavi his own Romance..and all his brother.. Thank you. lol

A side note:

I put off reading this series because frankly its gross. Torture, rape, eviscerations, exploding body parts--its all here. Ir is all casual as well,expected, accepted. I can handel it because it makes since in the hellish world that is built but if I really dwelt on the gore, I would throw up. It is so bad that even the immortals in this series have PTSD. However, I am never happy with all the killing and how some lives are utterly value and others are just not. I get a lot of cognitive dissidence when reading this series which makes it hard for me to ever fully settle in.