Shadow's End (Elder Races, #9) by Thea Harrison Review

Shadow's End (A Novel of the Elder Races) - Thea Harrison

For Beluviel, consort to the Elven High Lord, and Graydon, gryphon and First Sentinel of the Wyr, even the slightest desire for each other is forbidden. But two hundred years ago, after a desperate play to save Beluviel’s stepson left them indebted to the cruel Djinn Malphas, they found their fates inexorably linked together—and the hunger between them growing too strong to ignore…

Two centuries later, with their debt to Malphas coming due, Beluviel and Graydon realize that, if they are to stand any chance of saving their souls, they must once again work together—this time more closely than ever before. But every moment they spend with each other brings them nearer to losing something even more vital—their hearts…

Review

When I first opened this book, I had to put it down. I hate flashbacks. It is just a thing I have. This book opens on a huge flashback. It needs to be there to set up all restrictions on our lovers but not my favorite thing.

I had read Liam Takes Manhattan (because I am bad like that) so I did know the big spoiler of the book but there are many surprises along the way.

The love story is sweet. The world great and the action adventure fun with some cool characters from the story stories making an appearance.

I thought our heroine could have been much more kick ass given all her power and even with the liits she faces but was happy with the portrayal of a kind stepmother.

I am looking forward to the next book in the series.