The Undoing (Call of Crows #2) by Shelly Laurenston Review

— feeling amazing
The Undoing - Shelly Laurenston

No one would ever accuse Jace Berisha of having an easy life—considering her husband…you know…killed her. But that was then! Now she fights for mighty Viking gods with the spectacular and vicious Crows.

But things are turning very bad, very quickly because a vengeful, ancient goddess has come into the world with just one thing on her mind—ending it. And the only way they can hope to stop her is if the Crows join forces with their one-time enemies, the Protectors. A Viking Clan created to do nothing but kill every Crow they see.

Thankfully, Protector Ski Eriksen is a peace loving kind of guy. Because the woman he is desperately trying to get close to is the beautiful and not-very-chatty Jace. Battling Nordic clans? Unkillable goddesses? Jace’s mean-spirited dog? None of these things would ever get in the way of a true Viking,

Review

This book made me very happy. Want a good time? Read this!

I am a long time and huge Shelly Laurenston Fan. The first book in this series didn't thrill me because I didn't get enough couple time. I got great mayhem, sisterhood, world building and the funny but not the love story I have come to expect from this writer.

The second entry into the series gets it exactly right. We get all that joy and a wonderful couple falling in love.

The heroine is anti social (sorta), badass and oh so smart tThe hero is mellow, badass, and oh so smart There is a puppy.

The chemistry between them is awesome. The heroine's backstory is better developed that the hero's and the timeline of her death and how long she has been a Crow seem off but these quibble don't hamper such grand fun and a good romance about two people who really value each other.