Blind Faith (Blind Faith, #1) by N.R. Walker Review

Blind Faith  - N.R. Walker

Starting a new job in a new town, veterinarian Carter Reece, makes a house call to a very special client.

Arrogant, moody and totally gorgeous, Isaac Brannigan has been blind since he was eight. After the death of his guide dog and best friend, Rosie, his partnership with his new guide dog, Brady, isn't going well.

Carter tries to help both man and canine through this initiation phase, but just who is leading who?

Review

This book was a nice read but like some of Walker's other books it seems written with the second in the series in mind and therefore isn't as lush as it could be to be truly great.

Carter, the Veterinarian, is awesome as vets often are. Walker does a great job saving him from being a saint with Isaac's mood swings as he good boundaries. He is really kind.

Isaac needs therapy for his anger and grief which is fine for me in a character but this aspect of him is at odds with what a great teacher he is.

I like how the blindness of Isaac was just a part of his character and not the whole of who he was though much more detail in both heroes could have been shaded in.

There are lots of great scenes here and good dates. The conflict is intersting but I would have liked more time after the first set of issues is worked through to get to know everyone better.

I loved Carter's best friend Mark (funny, crude, and so himself as an unrepentant bi stereotype). I thrilled to see he gets his own book.