Grounding Griffin (Made Marian #4) by Lucy Lennox Review

Grounding Griffin: A Made Marian Novel (Volume 4) - Lucy Lennox

Griff: I learned early on that the easiest way to avoid a broken heart is to always be the first out the door. Caring about anyone or anything is asking to be disappointed, which is why I avoid relationships and chase freelance gigs — ghost writing restaurant reviews and penning articles about the efficacy of cheesy pick up lines — instead of chasing my dreams.

Besides, dreams don’t come true for people like me. And no one, not even the sexy-as-hell bartender at the club can convince me otherwise. Because I’m never risking my heart again.

Sam: As a bartender I’ve watched a million pick-up artists work their magic, but none as talented as Griffin Marian. He’s a flirt, a good time. Hooking up with him was supposed to be just a fling. I wasn’t supposed to care abut his fractured past or his buried dreams. I have my own future to worry about, especially after that stupid food critic scuttled my hopes of finally opening my own restaurant.

But, the more time I spend with Griff, the more I’m beginning to realize that my plans mean nothing without him. If only I can convince him to give us a chance to follow our dreams together.

Review

I am pretty sold on this series. They aren't amazing but they are a good time and fairly light reads that make for happy reading.

Sam and Griff make a fun couple. The conflict is a bit meh as is the confusion in how they meet but the theme of encouraging each other to pursue their dreams is nice and they have great chemistry.

As always the rest of the cast is super fun and we get time with the whole family.