Special Delivery (Special Delivery #1) by Heidi Cullinan 4 Star Review!

Special Delivery - Heidi Cullinan

When your deepest, darkest fantasy shows up, get on board.

Sam Keller knows he’ll never find the excitement he craves in Middleton, Iowa—not while he’s busting his ass in nursing school and paying rent by slaving away in a pharmacy stockroom. Then Sam meets Mitch Tedsoe, an independent, long-haul trucker who makes a delivery to a shop across the alley. Innocent flirting quickly leads to a fling, and when Mitch offers to take him on a road trip west, Sam jumps at the chance for adventure. Mitch is sexy, funny and friendly, but once they embark on their journey, something changes. One minute he’s the star of Sam’s every x-rated fantasy, the next he’s almost too much a perfect gentleman. And when they hit the Las Vegas city limit, Sam has a name to pin on Mitch’s malady: Randy.

For better or for worse, Sam grapples with the meaning of friendship, letting go, growing up—even the meaning of love—because no matter how far he travels, eventually all roads lead home.

Review

Through the powerful of Heidi Culliman's writing, I believe in these characters. I want Sam and Mitch to find their way into joy.

This is a compelling exploration understanding one's sexual desires. Sam aches to be more and to have what he wants and large life and Mitch hurts from not finding the right balance of kink and love and communication.

I love the sensuality between the heroes and the love. I adore Sam coming into his own and reaching for what he wants and Mitch making himself vulnerable and finding an abiding love.

The plot is very good and I love a road story. The secondary characters are less well drawn and complex but the core love story is so very good in this erotic romance