The Kiss Quotient (The Kiss Quotient, #1) by Helen Hoang 4 Star Review!

The Kiss Quotient - Helen Hoang

Stella Lane thinks math is the only thing that unites the universe. She comes up with algorithms to predict customer purchases--a job that has given her more money than she knows what to do with, and way less experience in the dating department than the average thirty-year-old.

It doesn't help that Stella has Asperger's and French kissing reminds her of a shark getting its teeth cleaned by pilot fish. Her conclusion: she needs lots of practice--with a professional. Which is why she hires escort Michael Phan. The Vietnamese and Swedish stunner can't afford to turn down Stella's offer, and agrees to help her check off all the boxes on her lesson plan--from foreplay to more-than-missionary position...

Before long, Stella not only learns to appreciate his kisses, but crave all of the other things he's making her feel. Their no-nonsense partnership starts making a strange kind of sense. And the pattern that emerges will convince Stella that love is the best kind of logic...

Review

Quirky? Neurodivergent? Diverse cast? Super smart heroine? Kind hero? I am in.

This is a ROMANCE novel with the over the top sexual tutoring and escort trope but outside that glitter is a lovely, funny romance of family and falling in love.

Micheal is a kind hero and Stella blooms here though she has always been her own flower.

Stella's sexual issues don't really stem from her Autism but rather really bad partners in the past. However, her brain works differently and we get to see the the joy and struggles that take place in social setting in this in our own voices novel.

Micheal has a large complex family and all the joys and struggles that go with it. I hope we see the rest of the books in this series set amid his clan.

The writing is crisp, fun, and moving. I read this debut book in one setting and am very excited to see what comes next from Helen Hoang.

I was given this book for my honest review. So, there you have it!