Owl's Slumber (Trials of Fear, #1) by Nicky James 4 Star Review!

Owl's Slumber - Nicky James

Imagine what life would be like if panic ruled your world at the mere thought of going to bed at night.

For as long as he can remember, Finnley Hollins has been crippled by his extreme phobia of sleep. Every night is a battle, and every morning isn’t without consequences. The root cause is something he’s ashamed to admit to anyone. It’s his war, and he will fight it alone.

When an unexpected turn of events lands the stunningly gorgeous Aven Woods at Finnley’s place of business, his life gets turned upside down.

All it would take is one night together for his secret to be exposed. Finnley wasn’t prepared to fall in love. More so, he wasn’t prepared for his phobia to completely consume his life. Not only is it affecting his job and his relationship, but now it’s affecting his health. What will it take for Finnley to finally admit he needs help?

Review

I like the concept of this series dealing with heroes who struggle with phobia's so severe they limit their lives.

Fin is afraid of sleep and with good reason that is a slow reveal through out the book. Aven falls from Fin and as we watch the relationship build so does the need to for Fin to seek treatment.

I think there could have been much more time on the falling in love part of the book for the relationship part is very good as is the whole cast and backstory for each hero.

A lovely HEA as well.