Trouble & the Wallflower by Kade Boehme

Trouble & the Wallflower - Kade Boehme

Raised in near seclusion by an agoraphobic mother, Davy Cooper’s social skills are almost nonexistent. Now that his mother has died, he needs to make friends for the first time in his life. He catches Gavin Walker’s eye, but the sexy, confident, bad boy hipster intimidates shy Davy so much that he throws away Gavin’s number every time he offers it.

When Gavin defends Davy from a rude guy, Davy begins to warm to him. However, with his limited experience, he thinks he and Gavin are too different, and anything more than a casual acquaintance will end in complete disaster.

Review

I picked up this romance because I love a socially awkward lead. Davy is that but mostly he is just reserved and shy.

It was a pleasure watching Gavin and Davy fall in love. We gets a lot of couple time and the cast is pretty good. This is very much a New Adult story as both our heroes come to terms with who their parents were and how it impacted them.

There are some good turns in this plot but in could have been a richer book in terms of character development with Gavin's art and some over simplifying of issues with the parents.

But I enjoyed it and will happily read other books by this author.