Single (Single Dads #1) by R.J. Scott 3.5 Star Romance!!

Single (Single Dads #1) - R.J. Scott

Ash wants a family, and is determined to continue with a surrogacy he’d begun with his ex. Bringing baby Mia home, he vows that he will be the best father he can be. Nothing in this world matters more to him than caring for his daughter, not even accidentally falling in lust with the doctor next door. Challenged by his growing attraction to Sean, and confronted by painful memories of his family, Ash has to learn that love is all that matters.

When ER doctor Sean moves in with his friends next door to sexy single father Ash, he falls so quickly it takes his breath away. The sex they have is hot, but Ash is adamant
his heart is too full with love for his daughter to let anyone else in. Why is Sean the only one who sees how scared Ash is, and how can he prove to his new lover that he desperately wants the three of them to become a family?

Review

I really enjoyed Ash's and Sean's romance and am excited for this series.In Ash, we get an exhausted new father. His level of love, sleeplessness, and worry for his daughter really shines in this tale. Sean falls in love with Ash's dedication to his baby as well as to his lovely self.

They are both kind characters and the next door neighbors theme is really well done here.

Sean's friends and housemates promise excellent future books as does Ash's on line single gay dad support group.

We get a slow burn with lovely dates with baby in tow. It is a sweet and good and a lovely read. I treasure character driven low angst romance.

It is set in San Diego which I love. However, some of the details are just a tad off and that takes me out of the story in places. La Jolla is one of the most expensive places to live in the nation for example and I would like the nieghborhood would be more like Point Loma (still really pricey) or La Mesa (cute but inland).

Overall, a really pleasure time was had. When is the next one.