The Chocolate Temptation Review

The Chocolate Temptation - Laura Florand

She hated him.

Patrick Chevalier. The charming, laid-back, golden second-in-command of the Paris pastry kitchen where Sarah worked as intern, who made everything she failed at seem so easy, and who could have every woman he winked at falling for him without even trying. She hated him, but she’d risked too much for this dream to give up on it and walk out just so he wouldn’t break her heart.

But he didn’t hate her.

Sarah Lin. Patrick’s serious, dark-haired American intern, who looked at him as if she could see right through him and wasn’t so impressed with what she saw. As her boss, he knew he should leave her alone. The same way he knew better than to risk his heart and gamble on love.

But he was never good at not going after what – or who – he wanted.

He could make magic out of sugar. But could he mold hate into love?

Review

This new book is the series is simply an exquisite romance. It sparkles and gleams with all the best aspects of the Romance genre. The sensuality and emotionality combine to give reader something that feels once in a lifetime in terms of reading love stories. You feel how the characters feel. You must hold on to this one.

In my opinion, Laura Florand is among the best Romance writers publishing today. I haven’t read a book by her yet that I have not adored.

I so enjoyed this character driven story that examines very closely how the dents (and sometimes out right trauma) of childhood play out in our adult lives and most particularly in our relationships. With the wonderful alternating point of view, we see the characters do what love and a great partner make us all do—grow and at the same time come more into our true selves.

Our hero is a seemly sunny have it all alpha kind of guy who is faced with his unrelenting admiration and crush on his intern and all the ethical dilemmas that ensue. Our heroine, is a Korean American (half anyway), born of an immigrant mother, with the drive to be good enough (meaning excellent) in a place where everything is very hard. They are both finely drawn and worth discovery. What I like most about Florand, I think, is that it is never the hero's or the heroine's book---it’s the couple's. A new space forged.

This romance runs parallel in time with The Chocolate Heart. I love it when a writer has the chops to do that. In makes the rereading of any series so much more pleasurable because it is like getting a new camera angle on your favorite moments.

The sugar work, romantic gestures, emotional bravery, retreats, lovemaking, and love saying are grand here.

I can’t wait until I have a little more time and I can reread the whole series. We are six books in and while I know the series will run its course—the rereading never will.

These books will become comfort reads.

I highly recommend this series and this writer.

I was given this book for my honest review. So, there you have it.

It is only $4.99 on Kindle. A Steal!