Finding Perfect by Susan Mallery Review

Finding Perfect - Susan Mallery

When Pia O'Brian's best friend dies, Pia expects to inherit her cherished cat. Instead, the woman leaves Pia three frozen embryos. With a disastrous track record in the romance department and the parenting skills of a hamster, Pia doesn't think she's meant for motherhood. But determined to do the right thing, Pia decides to become a single mother. Only to meet a gorgeous, sexy hunk the very same day.

A former foster-care kid now rich beyond his wildest dreams, Raoul Moreno runs a camp for needy children in Fool's Gold, California. After his last relationship, Raoul thought he was done with women and commitment. Still, he can't get sweet, sexy Pia out of his mind—and proposes a crazy plan. But can such an unconventional beginning really result in the perfect ending?

Review

Pia's dilemma with what to do with her best friend's embryos is compelling and I adored this heroine. She is gobsmacked with grief and life. She just goes but is such a lovely person. She is in later books in the series and I am huge fan of hers.

Her backstory was not so believable or at least could have been better integrated.

The hero is great when he is with Pia and less so when he isn't. He needs to be smacked up side the head at the end of the book. Honestly, I think he should have come to some understandings without the ultimatum the women of this town seemed destined to give. I think there was enough emotional mountains in this book that he could have realized his love without so much drama.

The book tips into soap opera here and there and not in a good way. We get info dumps about the town like its a holiday weekend and we are just tuning in for example.

Yet, I love Peter, a kid, and the issues of reproductions are examined for many angles in moving ways. And then, yea! Pia. lol

So, I am enjoying the series (reading it all out of order as usual) but need a little break after this one I think.