Rookie Move (Brooklyn Bruisers, #1) by Sarina Bowen Review

Rookie Move (A Brooklyn Bruisers Novel) - Sarina Bowen

In high school they were the perfect couple—until the day Georgia left Leo in the cold...

Hockey player Leo Trevi has spent the last six years trying to do two things: get over the girl who broke his heart, and succeed in the NHL. But on the first day he’s called up to the newly franchised Brooklyn Bruisers, Leo gets checked on both sides, first by the team’s coach—who has a long simmering grudge, and then by the Bruisers’ sexy, icy publicist—his former girlfriend Georgia Worthington.

Saying goodbye to Leo was one of the hardest things Georgia ever had to do—and saying hello again isn’t much easier. Georgia is determined to keep their relationship strictly professional, but when a press conference microphone catches Leo declaring his feelings for her, things get really personal, really fast....

Review

Sarina Bowen writes wonderful couples that I really like and wish the very best.

This is the first entry in her new pro hockey series and its good. The sexual tension is off the charts and the sheer like between the characters let alone the love is grand.

However, I did get impatient with the book a bit. This series is a spin off from the Ivy League Years (id you haven't read these books, go now). So, I knew Leo's and Georgia's backstory and have an idea about each character coming into the book. I think without this knowledge I would have been happier.

As it was I was restless with wanting them to deal with what was between them and then frustrated that Georgia hadn't been doing more (or at least we don't get to see it when they were apart) and Leo doesn't seem to own up to his own very odd behavior with the ladies in the years since they have been together. I wanted that contended with as a series fan. It wasn't. I wanted to move to the being together faster.

There is extra drama with the heroine's father was not really needed and couple time could have taken its place.

There is an amazing scene that is so tender and real towards the end of the book that I loved when Georgia sees Leo's pain and he sees his own pain. More of that please. This is where I would have liked the book to build from and not come to an end.

So, the pacing was off in places but still such great characters and writing.