I actually don't read romance novels for the sex. LOL. I swear. I like the sex. A lot. But I read romance novels for the psychology of all kinds of relationships and for the world building and for the happily ever afters. Oh, and love.
What happily ever after means to me is that no matter what goes down in that book, its going to be all right at close of cover. Its fiction and I enjoy that.
I do love me some good sexy times as well. Good sex in a romance novel is grand. I like all kinds of stream levels and have adored a close door romance as much any erotica.
My favorite kinds of sex scenes are those that feel possible, emotionial and real.
I thought it would be fun to share some of my favorites romances with this kind of sensuality.
First a list of love stories with great make out and kissing scenes, the couples slowly round the bases...
1. Dragos Takes A Holiday (A Novella of the Elder Races) by Thea Harrison
2. Scandal by Amanda Quick
5. Dreaming of You by Lisa Kleypas
6. Dangerous Curves Ahead by Sugar Jamison
10. Romancing Mister Bridgerton by Julia Quinn
Moving beyond kissing...
My favorite romances with emotional and real sex scenes:
1. Get Lucky by Suzanne Brockmann
2. Marrying the Royal Marine by Carla Kelly
3. Whisper Falls: A Destiny Novel by Toni Blake
4. Hearts and Swords by Robin Owens
5. Slightly Dangerous by Mary Balogh
6. Yours To Keep (The Kowalskis) by Shannon Stacey
7. Vision In White by Nora Roberts
8. What the Librarian Did by Karina Bliss
I could list every Laura Florand book here and every Ruthie Knox book but I won't. I can restrain. Sometimes.
So, what are your favorite sexy scenes? Kissing? Making out? Touching love scenes? The flirt? Gimme!
If you would like to vote for the best of the best, I have two Goodreads lists for you! Making Love: Best Real and Emotional Sexy Times in Romance Novels and Steaming Up the Windows: Best Make Out and Kiss Scenes in Romance Novels.
And for your Pinterest pleasure--book covers and classy sexy images: Steaming Up the Windows and Great Emotional and Real Love Scenes in Romance Novels.