In honor of the utterly wonderful Hard Times by Cara McKenna and its steamy love letters and texts, the last list of this week goes out to all those sensual notes and other ways the word makes us falls in love in Romance Novels and outside of them.
You may think the love letter faded away with the typewriter and the inkwell but it has just morphed. And when you get an actual letter it is even sweeter.
Should I tell in you in my freshman year of college that the computer lab tutor and I use to exchange flirty words on the closed server of the writing center? Until we got caught by my professor...awkward.
Should I tell you of the sweet and very naught notes, my husband use to leave under the windshield wiper of my beat up 69 VW Bug in the parking lot of my work when we were dating?
He always writes for my beloved in the books gives me.
And now that we have with a little pitcher with big ears, texting while in the same room is its own kind of date night.
He is smart. The Wordcat likes words.
I bet you do too!
Here are some of my favorite Contemporary Romances where falling in love happens (at least a little bit) in text...
In no particular order...
2. Three Little Words by Susan Mallery
3. Geek with the Cat Tattoo by Theresa Weir
5. Neanderthal Seeks Human by Penny Reid
6. Letters to Kelly by Suzanne Brockmann
7. Wait for You by J, Lynn
9. Inside Out by Lauren Dane
10. Attachments: A Novel by Rainbow Rowell
Here are some Contemporary Romances with this theme I have yet to read but want to!
2. Dear John... by Lyn Ellis
3. Goodnight Tweetheart by Teresa Medeiros
4. Undeclared by Jen Frederick
5. Letters From Home by Jo Barrett
6. Maverick's Black Cat by Maggie Casper
Do you have a favorite I missed? Let me know!
To vote for the best of the best, go to the Goodreads list: Love Text: Best Contemporary Romance with Love Notes.
Look for Best Historical Romances with love letters next week!